2016 Eastwood Neighborhood Curb Appeal ChallengeJuly 1st, 2016
It’s Time to Send in Your Nominations!
Do you know an Eastwood family that puts in hard work and extra effort to make their home look well-cared for and beautiful? If so, nominate them for the Eastwood Neighborhood Association Curb Appeal Challenge and help us recognize those homeowners who help make our neighborhood shine.
If you would like to nominate an Eastwood property that you think goes above and beyond, here’s how the program works (revised dates):
- By July 7 July 17, submit the address of the property you’d like to nominate. Send:
- via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- submit the form at the bottom of this page, or
Mail: Eastwood Neighborhood Association ATTN: Curb Appeal Challenge PO Box 66 Syracuse, NY 13206
If you know the owner’s name and contact info, please include it — that helps greatly. Also include your contact info.
If you’d like, you can submit a recent photo with the address, but it’s not necessary.
- July 15 July 23 – All the nominees will be notified by letter from Eastwood Neighborhood Association.
- July 20th July 27 – RSVPs are due from nominees who do not wish to participate.
- July 21 – August 4 July 28 – August 4 – Photographs are taken of the nominated homes. (A photo of your home and address – no names – may appear on the ENA’s Facebook page and the ENA website. The winner’s name – no address – will only appear in the ENA newsletter.)
- August 12 – Prints of photos are ready.
- August 13 – August 18 – Judges meet to review the photos and choose the 20 finalists.
- August 19 – August 21 – Yard signs are placed on the lawns of the 20 finalists.
- September 20 – Annual Meeting — all ENA members are able to cast one vote for their favorite home. (Membership applications and dues can be accepted at the meeting or you can join now on this website.)
The winner will be announced at the Annual Meeting. Home Builder & Remodelers of CNY has partnered with ENA to provide the winner with a $500 certificate to be used for a curb appeal project through one of the numerous Home Builders Association members. The winner will also receive a yard plaque stating, “2016 Curb Appeal Winner.”
The remaining 19 finalists will be entered in a raffle for a prize worth $100. The winner will be chosen at the meeting.
The prizes provide a nice incentive and tribute to the nominees, but the true spirit of the Curb Appeal Program is to celebrate those good neighbors who keep Eastwood looking great, which makes all of us winners.
Questions? Email email@example.com